Skip to main content

MUA Undressed Palette Review

Buy or not to buy?

 


I bought this MUA Undressed Palette from Superdrug (UK drugstore) in search of a simple, yet diverse eyeshadow selection that would contain 'pretty nudes to smouldering metallics'.

I have used it a few times and I must say I am very impressed! I love the colour selection and the price. Also I like the fact that the lid of the packaging is see through. Something that is very handy if you have a lot of palettes and haven't got time to sift through them to find the right one.


The palette comes with a double-ended sponge applicator, which I do sometimes use.

Also the back of the palette includes a cute little mini master class, handy for beginners, and those that want to try something different!

By the way just in case you are wondering I found out after I bought my MUA palette that it is a dupe for the Urban Decay NAKED Palette.


Swatches and Colours:

As you can see all the colours are amazingly pretty and there is a look that can be created using the palette for every occasion!

Top row: Left- Shade 1, Shade 2, Shade 3, Shade 4, Shade 5 and Shade 6.

Bottom row: Left- Shade 7, Shade 8, Shade 9, Shade 10, Shade 11 and Shade 12.





Shade 1 is what I use to highlight the inner corner of my eyes and under my brow bone.

Shade 2 is a gorgeous shimmery champagne pinky colour which is just as good to use as a highlighter, or even as a base colour swept across the entire lid.

Shade 3 is a matte light brown, perfect as a base colour for a neutral everyday look.

Shade 4 is a bronze colour with a bit of shimmer in it.

Shade 5 is a slightly darker matte brown than Shade 3 and is perfect to contour the eyes and add definition.

Shade 6 is this beautiful shimmery golden colour which is very pigmented. I was pleasantly surprised when I loaded up the colour on my eyeshadow brush.

Shade 7 is a dark bronze-golden colour which can also be used to add definition but works perfect on the outer third of the eyelid blended towards the inner eye by using a lighter colour.

Shade 8 is a dark brown/khaki colour with a hint of gold speckles.

Shade 9 is a pretty brown-pink with a bit of shimmer, match it perfectly with a light coral coloured lipstick for a summery look!

Shade 10 is similar to shade 8 except a little deeper and without any golden tint.

Shade 11 is a shimmery navy blue-black, it works well with any of the matte browns to create a unique effortless look.

Shade 12 is a shimmery blue, combine it with Shade 11 to create a sultry Smokey eye perfect for a night out!

 

MUA Undressed Palette Pros & Cons

Pros:
  • amazing value for money (only £4!)
  • good mixture of mattes and non-mattes
  • good range of colours
  • versatile
  • great pigments
  • comes with a double ended eyeshadow applicator! *Happy Dance*

Cons:
  • wish there was a 'pure' black
  • it would have been good if MUA named the eyeshadows.

End thoughts...

Overall for £4, this palette is a must. I would highly recommend it to make up beginners and make up experts alike!

I'm not sure if I will eventually branch out and buy the Urban Decay NAKED Palette. Maybe one day? Let me know if you think I should :) x





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Determine your skin's undertone

Determining your skin's undertone is not as difficult as you might think. When you know what your skin's undertone is, it becomes so easy to pick up the right shade of foundation as well as knowing which lipstick shades/tones will compliment your more. You will be much better off knowing your undertone. The three types of skin undertones are cool, warm and neutral. There are many different ways that can be used to determine your undertone. I have found that the most effective way of determining your skin's u ndertone is by looking at the colour of your veins on the inside of your wrists. This post will show you how to find out which undertone you have!  Cool undertones Your wrist veins appear blue/purple in natural lighting You can burn easily in the sun Colours that flatter you are: red, navy blue, hot pink, plums, black and soft pastel colours If you have a cool undertone your skin will have more of a 'pinkish or blue' tone to it. Think Emma Stone,

L'Oreal Colour Riche 373 Magnetic Coral Lipstick Review

I went out shopping the other day and I was casually browsing the makeup aisles and I came across this lipstick. I used the tester to swatch and I was blown away by both the colour and it's creamy texture. I absouletly love the colour of this lipstick, which is a beautiful coral shade and is very pigmented. The packaging is sleek and modern, and the use of the gold exterior gives this lipstick a high-end feel. This lipstick is very moisturising and glides on so easy without clinging to the slightly dry parts of my lips. I am not surprised that this lipstick is so moisturising as L'Oreal state that all the lipsticks in their Colour Riche selection are  'enriched with a combination of Omega-3 and Vitamin E and leaves your lips feeling moisturised'.   L'Oreal Colour Riche 373 Magnetic Coral Swatch    If you haven't got a coral coloured lipstick or you feel like having a slightly more moisturising one then have a look at this L'Oreal lipst

Coca Cola Cherry Lip Smacker Review

Amazing smell!     Since secondary school (I'm now 21) I have been using my trusted Coco Cola Cherry Lip Balm! I honestly don't know where I would be without it! It used to be £1 at Primark (I stocked up!) now I can never seem to find it there, which is a shame. However, it can be found in Tesco but at £2.50.  Why I love this lip balm? it has a red hint of colour it is hydrating, especially in the Winter months it also has the most amazing cherry smell, which does in fact smell like Coco Cola Cherry! Although it doesn't taste like it though! (Don't worry, I don't go round eating lip balms!). Swatch Coco Cola Cherry Lip Smacker- single swatch If you can get your hands on this get it! You will not be disappointed, let me know if you do. I would love to hear if you love this as much as I do!   Available online in a set of 6 (including other 'flavours') for £9.99!