Skip to main content

NYC 16 Hour Lipstains- Review

 
Have you tried NYC 16 Hour Smooch Proof Lipstains yet? If you haven't I would recommend giving them a try...
 


 NYC say: 'At last! Lip colour you can count on 16H. The pretty flush of colour that sticks around longer than most guys in this town…and looks WAY better. Goes on and stays on. Forget sticky, gloopy or heavy. These water based shades feel just like your own luscious lips!'  And I have to say I agree!

 
 
NYC 16 Hour Lipstains currently come in three different colours. Forever Freesia, Persistent Pink and Champagne Stain. I decided to pick up Persistent Pink and Champagne Stain after swatching all three on my hand.
 
The applicator is like a felt-tip marker which makes it easy to draw around the shape of your lips and then fill them in. I also like that these do not have a strong smell when you apply it like lip stains are known to do.
 
Persistent Pink:
 
Persistent Pink is nice colour that I like to use if I am going out shopping or if I'm sporting a winged eyeliner look and I don't want dramatic lips.
 

Persistant Pink

How Persistant Pink looks on me
 
 
 Champagne Stain:
 
Champagne Stain is probably my favourite out of the two and I use it as either a  subtle stain or for a full-on dramatic deep red look.
 
Champagne Stain


How Champagne Stain looks on me

 I do genuinely like these and they are probably the best lip stains I have tried and not bad for £3.99! Why not pick one up to see for yourself. x
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Determine your skin's undertone

Determining your skin's undertone is not as difficult as you might think. When you know what your skin's undertone is, it becomes so easy to pick up the right shade of foundation as well as knowing which lipstick shades/tones will compliment your more. You will be much better off knowing your undertone. The three types of skin undertones are cool, warm and neutral. There are many different ways that can be used to determine your undertone. I have found that the most effective way of determining your skin's u ndertone is by looking at the colour of your veins on the inside of your wrists. This post will show you how to find out which undertone you have!  Cool undertones Your wrist veins appear blue/purple in natural lighting You can burn easily in the sun Colours that flatter you are: red, navy blue, hot pink, plums, black and soft pastel colours If you have a cool undertone your skin will have more of a 'pinkish or blue' tone to it. Think Emma Stone,

L'Oreal Colour Riche 373 Magnetic Coral Lipstick Review

I went out shopping the other day and I was casually browsing the makeup aisles and I came across this lipstick. I used the tester to swatch and I was blown away by both the colour and it's creamy texture. I absouletly love the colour of this lipstick, which is a beautiful coral shade and is very pigmented. The packaging is sleek and modern, and the use of the gold exterior gives this lipstick a high-end feel. This lipstick is very moisturising and glides on so easy without clinging to the slightly dry parts of my lips. I am not surprised that this lipstick is so moisturising as L'Oreal state that all the lipsticks in their Colour Riche selection are  'enriched with a combination of Omega-3 and Vitamin E and leaves your lips feeling moisturised'.   L'Oreal Colour Riche 373 Magnetic Coral Swatch    If you haven't got a coral coloured lipstick or you feel like having a slightly more moisturising one then have a look at this L'Oreal lipst

L'Oreal True Match Liquid Foundation W4 Golden Natural Review

My current foundation is L'Oreal True Match W4 Golden Natural. I spent ages finding a perfect drugstore foundation that would suit both my skin colour and my skin's yellow undertone (if you do not know your skin's undertone click here ). I did find it difficult to find the right shade of foundation as most drugstore foundations have a pink or neutral undertone to them. If I use these my face ends up being grey or pink. I am sure many of you know the feeling.   Golden Natural W4   I then came across the L'Oreal counter and remembered all the adverts about L'Oreal True Match Foundation and thought to myself why not try this out. If I can find the right shade!   L'Oreal  state that 'The silky texture of True Match blends seamlessly with the skin. It automatically adjusts to the texture of the skin to create a flawless finish' . Do I agree? Yes and No.   I've put together a little pro's and con's list of my overall expe